5 Tips for Finding a New Dentist
Having to find a new dentist can be a daunting task. If you’ve moved to a new area, switched dental benefit plans, or are just on the market for someone new, trying to find a dentist can be an intimidating task. Here are some tips to make it easier.
- Ask friends and neighbors. If they are happy with their dentist, you most likely will be too.
- Call local dental labs (who make dental crowns/inlays & onlays/dentures) and ask them who they recommend. Dental labs see a variety of work from local dentists and they will have a good idea who is offering top quality work with excellent skill.
- If you’ve moved, ask your previous dentist to make a recommendation.
- Contact your local dental society. This number can be found by looking at the ADA website, www.ada.org, or may be listed in the yellow pages under “dentists” or “associations”.
- Refer to your dental benefit plans list of providers. If it’s important to you to work with someone who is assigned to your plan, this is a good idea. (But remember that you don’t need dental insurance to see the dentist! Many dentists work without any dental benefit plan contracts at all).
When searching for a new dentist, feel free to call several offices to ask about their practice, listen to how they answer the phone, and to how well you are treated. You should feel comfortable even before you walk in through the door.
Once you find your new dentist, for optimal tooth care, it’s best to see them regularly. You’ll establish a relationship, sometimes life long, and that dentist will get to know all of your individual needs. You’ll start to develop a history together. And as time passes, and more work is done, if anything happens down the road, it makes a difference how it is taken care of.
We know that when it comes to choosing a dental office, you have endless choices. We do hope you chose our office, SaremiJohnstoneDentistry.com, for your dental needs. We look forward to seeing you soon!