First Dental Visit
Initial Appointment at Saremi & Johnstone Dentistry
Your initial appointment is an important part of your treatment. Our comprehensive exam for our new patients include:
- A personal discussion with you to address and clarify your concerns.
A review of your medical and dental history.
- An Oral Cancer screening – the insides of your cheeks, your gums, the sides, top and bottom of your tongue, the roof and back of your mouth will be examined for normal and abnormal sores or lesions.
- A Blood Pressure screening.
- A Periodontal exam of the gums and bone that surround your teeth.
- Digital radiographs of your teeth.
- Analysis and examination of your teeth, jaws, and TMJ.
- A “Treatment Plan” which is a written explanation of the complete findings about your dental health. We encourage you to ask questions because your input into your treatment plan is very important.
- A “Cleaning” of your teeth may be done depending on the results from this exam. Dental cleanings are done by our qualified dental hygienists.
After your examination, the doctor will review all findings, discuss with you your treatment plan recommendations and sequence; give you a customized written report and answer all questions to your satisfaction and understanding.
Our Financial Coordinator will meet privately with you to cover your treatment and financial options and our fees.